Agilent Technologies Introduces High Performance Gas Chromatography Column Connection Supplies
Apr 07 2014
Agilent Technologies, Inc recently introduced a collection of new products that enhance column connections, prolong column life and extend the inert flow path.
“We continually work with customers to help optimise laboratory performance, reliability and efficiency,” said Mike Feeney, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Supplies Division, Chemical Analysis Group. “These new enhancements solve troublesome issues that have challenged chromatographers for decades. They make it easier than ever to install GC columns, eliminate maintenance hassles and obtain the highest-quality GC results possible.”
With these easy-to-use, leak-free GC column connections supplies, users will see a marked improvement in GC flow-path integrity and experience longer periods of unattended operation. Laboratory personnel of all skill levels can quickly create reliable connections and routinely execute advanced flow-path techniques, such as back-flush, retention gaps and column effluent switching.
The new supplies include:
- A self-tightening column nut, which eliminates the need for retightening after repeated thermal cycles (even after 100 hours at 350C); low torque seal enables easy removal of ferrules.
- UltiMetal Plus-treated metal tubing and parts, which extend inert flow path by applying a deactivation process to stainless steel tubing (1/16”, 1/8” and ¼” ID) and parts, allowing for improved peak shape for active compounds.
- UltiMetal Plus stainless steel capillary guard columns, which extend the life of the column by protecting it from volatile compounds.
- UltiMetal Plus stainless steel transfer lines and capillary tubing, which ensure an inert flow path for connections in the GC system.
- For analysts who prefer glass union connections, the Ultra Inert deactivated press fits provide improved inertness performance.
- Column installation swaging tools for graphite and metal ferrules, which allow chromatographers to easily measure and install columns into GC inlets at consistent lengths, thus providing more reliable results.
- The UltiMetal Plus flexible metal ferrule, which features a novel design that enables leak-free column unions to capillary flow technology devices.
For more information please visit www.agilent.com/chem/betterGCconnections.
Chromatography Today - Buyers' Guide 2022
In This Edition Modern & Practocal Applications - Accelerating ADC Development with Mass Spectrometry - Implementing High-Resolution Ion Mobility into Peptide Mapping Workflows Chromatogr...
View all digital editions
Jun 04 2023 Houston, TX, USA
Plastics Recycling World Expo Europe
Jun 14 2023 Essen, Germany
Jun 18 2023 Dusseldorf, Germany
Jul 04 2023 Cardiff, UK
Jul 11 2023 Lagos, Nigeria