Meeting Reports and Events
One Day Symposium Focussing on Advances in Natural Product Analysis
Nov 22 2013
The Chromatographic Society has announced a one day symposium focussing on advances in natural product analysis, titled 'Separating the Wheat from the Chaff', to be held as Syngenta Research Labs on April 9th 2014.
Chromatographic and mass spectrometric analysis in vegetable matter, natural and food products will be explored by specialists from a variety of industries and an exhibition of analytical instrumentation and presentations by leading manufacturers will form an important element of the symposium.
Special guest speakers include:
- Professor Pat Sandra - The Research Institute for Chromatography (R.I.C.), aspects of advanced chromatography in food safety analysis.
- Professor Sandra has a wealth of chromatographic and analytical experience speaking with great authority whether it is around techniques or applications.
- Paul Russell (Unilever) - Natural product analysis - challenges and the use of statistical data analysis to characterise and demonstrate consistency. A food industry point of view from the growing use of natural product extracts in food and flavour applications.
- Robin Clery (Natural Products Group, Fragrance Research, Dübendorf, Givaudan Schweiz AG) – 'Impact odourants in natural products - how to know what the nose knows'. The techniques and applications in detecting and measuring trace flavour and aroma impact materials.
- Geoff Kite (Kew Gardens, London) – Geoff will present his work on flavonoid analysis by LC and LCMS and discuss the difficulties around correctly identifying these species which often predominate in plant extracts.
Syngenta’s scientific staff are also supporting the meeting with the following presentations from three of their scientists:
- Phil Clarke presents: 'How U is Your UHPLC?';
- Brian Kemp present: 'Isolating the needle from the haystack'; and
- Aniko Kende present: 'Carotenoids in vegetables – they’re good for you'.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Costs
All sponsorship monies and exhibitor fees are paid to the Chromatographic Society. To discuss your sponsorship level and/or your lecture conetent please contact Dr. Chris Bevan on email@example.com.
To book your exhibition stand and sponsorship please contact Carol McNair, Meeting Makers, Block 4, Unit 4, Kelvin Campus, West of Scotland Science Park, 2317 Maryhill Road, Glasgow, G20 0SP. Tel: +44 (0) 141 945 6880. Fax: +44 (0) 141 945 6899. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.meetingmakers.co.uk.
The Chromatographic Society was founded in 1956 and is an internationally connected organisation and UK registered charity devoted to the promotion and dissemination of knowledge on all aspects of chromatography and related separation techniques. For further information visit the website: www.chromsoc.com, whereby future updates of the symposium programme will be published.
Syngenta, Jealott's Hill International Research Centre, Bracknell, Berkshire RG42 6EY, United Kingdom.
Chromatography Today - Buyers' Guide 2022
In This Edition Modern & Practocal Applications - Accelerating ADC Development with Mass Spectrometry - Implementing High-Resolution Ion Mobility into Peptide Mapping Workflows Chromatogr...
View all digital editions
Plastics Recycling World Expo Europe
Jun 14 2023 Essen, Germany
Jun 18 2023 Dusseldorf, Germany
Jul 04 2023 Cardiff, UK
Jul 11 2023 Lagos, Nigeria
ACS National Meeting & Expo, Fall 2023
Aug 13 2023 San Francisco, CA, USA