Aug 30 2012
If the promise of a breakthrough-driven biopharmaceutical pipeline is to be more than a pipe dream, then therapeutic protein projects must move ahead swiftly. Today, in hopes of establishing the foundation for a robust therapeutic discovery engine, premier researchers devote much of their efforts to analytical innovation and cutting-edge science.
Waters develops technology to address the specific needs of large molecule discovery. Examples of such technology include best-in-class UPLC systems for protein purification as well as high-sensitivity UPLC/MS systems for characterization. Specialized bioinformatics tools -- very different than software designed for proteomics experiments -- allow biopharmaceutical scientists to answer questions quickly and efficiently. The focus at Waters is on built-for-purpose biopharmaceutical solutions that create maximum system up-time, efficient workflows, and improved visibility of information across organizations.
Intact Protein Analysis
Protein molecular weight must be quickly confirmed, along with glycoform heterogeneity determination. Waters technologies deliver quick, accurate protein molecular weights for confirmation and determination of intact proteins:
- ACQUITY UPLC or ACQUITY UPLC H-Class Bio: Enables you to more efficiently determine and control critical nutrients in protein fermentation and cell-culture production
- Xevo G2 QTof MS is engineered with innovative quadrupole time-of-flight MS technology and software that make it easier to act on the results of your intact mass data — and elevate your laboratory’s productivity.
- Synapt G2 HDMS™ System: Determine partial sequence information of proteins, and differentiate between conformations by ion mobility separation
- LCT Premier™ XE Mass Spectrometer with the MaxEnt™ deconvolution algorithm: Obtain accurate protein molecular weights and quantitative data on relative amounts of protein glycoforms
- UPLC and mass spectrometry-compatible columns and sample preparation products for intact protein analysis.
Efficient Biopharmaceutical Protein Characterization Using LC/MS – Manchester, 3rd October 2012
See our extensive series of free webcasts on biopharmaceutical analysis. Analytics for Biopharmaceuticals
Visit www.waters.com to learn more about Waters biopharmaceutical solutions.
If you would like to speak to a Waters Representative, please call 0208 238 6100.
Chromatography Today - Buyers' Guide 2022
In This Edition Modern & Practocal Applications - Accelerating ADC Development with Mass Spectrometry - Implementing High-Resolution Ion Mobility into Peptide Mapping Workflows Chromatogr...
View all digital editions
ACS National Meeting & Expo, Spring 2023
Mar 26 2023 Indianapolis, IN, USA
Apr 18 2023 Kintex, South Korea
Apr 19 2023 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Apr 30 2023 Dublin, Ireland & Online
Apr 30 2023 Denver, CO, USA