New Chiral Column Offered
Aug 24 2016
Millipore Sigma, through its collaboration with ES Industries, offers a number of innovative and unique selective chiral stationary phases designed to solve chiral applications. Chirality has become critically important in the pharmaceutical, chemical and agricultural industries. Due to subtle differences, compounds that exhibit chiral activity can produce dramatically different pharmacological effects in biological systems. As a result, the demand for stereo selective separation techniques and analytical assays to evaluate the enantiomeric purity of chiral compounds has increased. Chiral chromatography in the forms of HPLC and SFC has become a necessary tool; not only for the analytical determination of enantiomeric purity, but also for the isolation and purification of enantiomers.
As a leader in chiral separations, the ChromegaChiral products offer a broad range of Chiral Stationary Phases (CSP’s) for analytical and preparative chromatography needs. Existing CSP’s can separate a wide variety of chiral mixtures; however there are still enantiomeric mixtures that are difficult to separate limiting their characterisation. This provides the drive to develop new CSP’s with differing chiral selectivities, e.g. ChromegaChiral CCA-F4 a chiral phase with embedded Fluorine atoms.
The addition of a fluorine atom into a phenyl carbamate amylose structure can be useful in promoting fluorophilic retention mechanism which can provide improved retention for fluorinated compounds (1). A fluorophilic retention mechanism can be particularly useful in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery, where more than a third of newly approved small molecule drugs contain fluorine (2). ChromegaChiral CCA-F4 can be used in SFC or HPLC.
Product Features Include:
- Excellent Selectivity Range
- High Pressure Limit
- Wide Range of Applications
- Fast Optimisation
- Superior Resolution and Efficiency
- One Column for Both SFC and HPLC Use
- Easy scale-up from analytical to preparative columns
Available ChromegaChiral Phases
- ChromegaChiral CCO: Polysaccharide coated silica chiral stationary phase with proven chiral selector tris-(3,5-dimethylphenyl) carbamoyl cellulose.
- ChromegaChiral CCA: Polysaccharide coated silica with chiral selector tris-(3,5-dimethylphenyl) carbamoyl amylose.
- ChromegaChiral CCC: Modified cellulose with combination of 3-chloro-4methylphenylcarbamate and 3,5-dichlorophenylcarbamate.
- ChromegaChiral CC2: cellulose coated silica with 3-chloro-4methylphenylcarbamate.
- ChromegaChiral CC3: Amylose coated silica with amylose tris(5-chloro-2-methylphenylcarbamate).
- ChromegaChiral CC4: cellulose coated silica with cellulose tris(4-chloro-3-methylphenylcarbamate).
- ChromegaChiral CCJ: Coated silica with cellulose 4-methylbenzoate.
- ChromegaChiral CCS: Amylose tris [(S)-αmethylbenzylcarbamate]) no addition of diethyl amine needed.
New ChromegaChiral phases
- ChromegaChiral CCO-F2: Unique 2-Fluoro 5-methylphenyl cellulose with improved retention of fluorinated compounds.
- ChromegaChiral CCO-F4: Unique 4-Fluoro-3-methylphenyl cellulose with improved retention of fluorinated compounds.
- ChromegaChiral CCO-F4-T3: A different fluoro group in a phenylcellulose structure for medicinal chemistry and drug discovery.
- ChromegaChiral CCA-F4: A different fluorine group into a phenyl carbamate amylose structure.
Every ChromegaChiral column is guaranteed to deliver the highest plate counts and most symmetrical peaks for even the most difficult analysis. These products offer excellent resolution and peak shape which is critical for scale-up. We are confident the ChromegaChiral line of products will deliver the highest quality and most reliable columns available to you.
Please click here for a complete ChromegaChiral product listing.
1. Curran, D.P., Synlett 2001, (9), 1488-1496.
2. Jarvis, L.M., Chemical & Engineering News 2013, 91, (5), 15-17.
In This Edition Modern & Practical Applications - Advancing Effective Glycan Analysis - Delivering the Power of Ion Mobility Spectrometry - Mass Spectrometry to the Point of Analysis - The...
View all digital editions
May 09 2021 Fort Worth, Tx, USA
Jun 06 2021 Virtual event
Jun 21 2021 Dubai, UAE & Online
Jun 29 2021 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Aug 22 2021 Nijmegen, Netherlands